What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings that the applications visited by the User send to his/her terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same applications the next time the same User visits. The term cookie refers both to cookies themselves and to all similar technologies. Cookies are used to access online services more quickly and to improve the User’s browsing experience through session tracking, storing User information, faster loading of content, etc.
Types of cookies
- Cookies can be:
- First-party cookies: these are the proprietary cookies used by the Site in order to enable the User to navigate more efficiently and/or to monitor the User’s actions;
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies set by a site other than the one you are currently visiting in order to enable you to navigate more efficiently and/or monitor your actions.
- Technical and Analytical Cookies: these are cookies relating to activities strictly necessary for the operation and delivery of the service (e.g. session cookies for login), cookies relating to preference saving and optimisation activities (e.g. cookies for saving shopping cart or language/currency choices, etc.), analytical cookies to collect information in an anonymous and aggregate form.
- Technical cookies include:
- Session or Browsing cookies: these are used to keep track of the User’s activity on the web. They ensure normal navigation and use of the Site, allowing, for example, faster navigation, making a purchase or authenticating for access to restricted areas, and are in fact necessary for its proper functioning;
- Functionality cookies: they allow the User to navigate according to a number of selected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase, etc.) in order to improve the service rendered to him/her;
- Analytical Cookies: used to collect information on the use of the Site. The Data Controller uses this information for statistical analysis, to improve the Site and simplify its use, as well as to monitor its proper functioning. This type of cookie collects information in an anonymous form about Users’ activity on the Site and how they arrived at the Site and the pages they visited. Cookies in this category are sent from the Site itself or from third-party domains. Analytical cookies may be:
- First-party analytical cookies: these are treated in the same way as technical cookies in regulatory terms if they are used directly by the Site Owner without profiling the User but only to collect information, in aggregate and anonymous form, on the number of Users and how they visit the Site for statistical purposes and to improve the Site’s performance;
- Profiling cookies: these are used to monitor the User’s web browsing and create a profile of their habits:
- First-party profiling cookies: installed by the Data Controller to create profiles of the User in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed when browsing the web. Given their particular invasiveness in the private sphere of users, the applicable legislation requires that the User, after adequate information on their use, must give his or her consent;
- Third-party profiling cookies: used by third parties who access information in plain text, i.e. not in an anonymous and aggregated manner, and cross-reference it with other data already in their possession. The Site has no direct control over individual third-party cookies. The User is therefore invited to check the third party’s website for information on cookies.
- The use of these cookies requires the prior consent of the User.
The cookies on this Site are:
- technical and analytical cookies necessary for the operation of the Site, for aggregate statistical analysis, to improve and simplify the use of the Site and to save navigation preferences and optimise the User’s browsing experience;
- cookie di terza parte che potrebbero effettuare attività di profilazione e tracciamento dell’Utente anche all’insaputa del Titolare. third-party cookies that may carry out profiling and tracking of the User even without the knowledge of the Controller.
Below is a list of the third-party cookies present on this Site:
- Google Analytics with anonymised IP
- Google AdWords with conversion trackingGoogle AdWords conversion tracking is a statistics service provided by Google Inc. which shows what happens after a customer has clicked on your advertisements. For more information, please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Duration of cookies
Cookies have a lifetime dictated by the expiry date or a specific action such as closing the browser set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session-based: these are used to store temporary information, allow links to actions performed during a specific session, and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- persistent: these are used to store information, such as the login name and password, so that the User does not have to type them in again each time he visits a specific site. These remain stored on the computer even after closing the browser. This is without prejudice to the User’s right to change the choices made at any time.
Manifestation of consent
You can change or revoke your consent at any time.
How to disable cookies
Users can manage their cookie preferences directly within their browser and prevent third parties from installing cookies.
You can also delete cookies installed in the past via your browser preferences, including the cookie in which you may have saved your consent to the installation of cookies by this Site. By disabling all cookies, the functioning of this Site may be impaired.
The User can find information and exercise his right to oppose the tracking of cookies in his browser at the following addresses:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471
Cookies can also be deleted by requesting opt-out directly from third parties or via http://www.youronlinechoices.com/, where you can manage your tracking preferences for most advertising tools.
You can change your Flash cookie settings by clicking on the following link https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Users may exercise certain rights with regard to the Data processed by the Data Controller. In particular, the User has the right to:
- withdraw consent at any time;
- oppose the processing of their Data;
- access to their Data;
- check and request rectification;
- obtain restriction of processing;
- obtain the deletion or removal of their Personal Data;
- receive their Data or have them transferred to another data controller;
- file a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority and/or take legal action.
To exercise their rights, Users may address a request to the Controller’s contact details indicated in this document. Requests are made free of charge and processed by the Holder as quickly as possible, in any case within 30 days.
To exercise these rights, please write to the owner Sir Company S.r.l, Via Roberto Campana, 17 – 64100 Teramo (TE).